Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life on Earth

So the goal of Twitter is to keep people connected during the in-between times. At first I thought, why do I care who is brushing their teeth or going to the store or why am I going to update my friends when I am sitting on my couch watching Lost? But its actually pretty fun - its allowing me to know what my friends are like - its not just about what they are doing, its about how people live. I like to know who's like me and who's more exciting. And whats more: I think that this technological uber-connectedness is actually making me LESS reliant on my phone. I'll explain: Before when I would get a text message, I'd be like, ooh, a text, who is it, what do they want, how should I answer, alert alert! But because of all the updates I'm receiving I can more easily ignore messages when I'm busy because I know they are not necessarily aimed at me and only me. Its probably just an update! So then when I actually check my phone, its a real treat if I have a real text message just for me! And you know whats a real treat these days? A phone call. What a treat. Especially since I now have the CTU beep for a ringtone lol. Thats right - Jack's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment